Thursday, August 27, 2015

Simple Meatball Soup


I had never intentionally made this meatball soup. It's just one lazy rainy day before June, and my daughter was nagging all day, asking me to cook for dinner. I hadn't bought groceries, so my fridge was almost empty. There were some frozen stuffs, some greens and leftover, that's all. One thing that caught my attention was frozen meatballs on the top shelf. Actually, it's a variety of seafood meatballs that I bought from supermarket several days ago. And on the door shelf, there's a bottle of chicken broth that I made a week ago. So, it's all just came to my mind. As long as you have chichken broth, you can make any soup. :)


All I needed was those frozen seafood meatballs: crab, fish, shrimp. I had 20 meatballs at that time. Since I cooked for 3 people, it's just enough. And another main ingredient was chicken broth, about 1 liter, could be more or less. And for seasoning, I just used: garlic (3 cloves), 3 small red chillies (Indonesian call it cabe rawit merah, very spicy and hot), salt to the taste, and dried parsley (or fresh if you have it). And you can add lettuce for garnish.

Method:

  • Boil the broth on medium heat, until it simmers.
  • Add the chopped garlic and chillies.
  • Add the meatballs, and after they're cooked (usually they're getting bigger for a while), add salt.
  • Wait 1 minute until all is corporated, then put off the heat.
Eat this soup with rice or noodles, it really gives you a kick on a gloomy day. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    Your blog is impressive, thanks to the quality of your recipes & other content. We would be glad if you would participate on Contestchef, so that your quality recipes can contest with other such bloggers/ recipe creators and win accolades from various players in the global food industry.
    Contestchef is a global forum for food/ recipe bloggers to showcase their skills to the world. This is a one of a kind concept and backed by food conglomerates around the world. We are the largest in the world with respect to connecting food companies & recipe bloggers for contest purposes. Several recipe creators/bloggers are already contesting on Contestchef.
    To join Contestchef.com, just click Contestchef
    Sincerely,
    Nandy
    Contestchef

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thx, Nandy, for visiting my blog. I'll visit Contestchef soon :)

    ReplyDelete