Saturday, August 22, 2015

Pan Fried Sausages with Jam

Sausage has been one of my favorite food for all time. You can just fried them or grill them, eat them with buns or nothing else. Their smoky savory  flavour just goes well every time. And usually I season the sausage with butter or hot sauce or any other sauce. But, recently I just found out, that sausage and jam could make a perfect marriage.

I got the inspiration after watching an episode of Rachel Zoe Project when she made her famous baked salami with apricot preserves. Afterward, I tried it with beef sausages, since I don't eat pork, and I used dragon fruit jam to subtitute the apricot. Not trying to be fancy, but at that time I only had the dragon fruit jam in my fridge. And the result was amazing. The sweet-sour jam got caramelized and add extra richness to it. I also prefered to pan fry them, just to make it simplier.



This light meal is great for snacking, or for your party platter. You just need a few ingredients, and a short time of preparation.

Ingredients:

  • 6 beef sausages (10cm long)
  • 3-4 tbs fruit jam.
  • 1 teaspoon chilli powder, 
  • oil/butter
Method:
  • Mix jam and chilli powder in a mixing bowl.
  • Make incision in every sausage so that they won't explode when exposed to the heat.
  • Rub the sausage with the jam mixture, and let it rest for several minutes (approx 15-30min)
  • Grease the frying pan and put it on medium heat.
  • Put in the sausages, and turn every 1-2 minutes to keep them from burning. Cook until they're slightly charred.
You can use any kind of fruit jam, but I prefer sweet-sour jam to make the best result. You can also mix the jam with hot sauce or chilli sauce. It all depends to your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment