Friday, August 21, 2015

Pasta Leftover Omelette


I think the title explains all :)  As a pasta lover, sometimes I tend to cook more than I need. So, the leftover is unavoidable. If I store it in a fridge, eventually I forget about it. And usually the pasta become stale. So, I have to throw it to the garbage bin. What a waste! The worst thing is I still remember the taste when it's good. So, it's like saying goodbye to the loved one.

One day, I was just like having ephihany, and I decided to make an omelette from my pasta leftover, before it's going bad.



The ingredients are super simple. I only need the 3 items. First, the leftover itself. As the pasta is already seasoned, I don't need other spices or herbs. This time I use farfalle, a beautiful shape pasta that looks like butterfly or bow tie, since I just made farfalle aglio olio with green beans few days ago. But basically, you can make this with any kind of pasta, whether it's bolognese or aglio olio or carbonara.



Second, the main ingredient of omelette, eggs. I used 4 eggs. It depends on the quantity of pasta leftover. More leftover, more eggs. Of course! And the third item is optional actually, but for me it's a must, corned beef! Just 4 tablespoon is enough. Corned beef give more savory taste to the omelette. But, if you want to make it healthier, you can use ground beef, or mushroom, or else.

Method:

  • Crack the eggs into mixing bowl, and beat with the fork.
  • Grease your frying pan with butter or oil, heat up on the stove until medium heat.
  • Sautee the corned beef until it's crisp, then put in the pasta. Stir it for 1-2 minutes until the beef and pasta mixed well. Then spread them evenly around the pan.
  • Pour the egg mixture into the pan, until all the pasta and beef is covered. Fry for about 2 minutes, and then lower the heat, and put on the lid. 
  • Cook for about 3-4 minutes until the omelette is cooked perfectly, moist, not wet, and has springy texture. Then turn off the heat.
The leftover looks brand new! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment