Monday, July 16, 2012

The Power of Three: Garlic, Chili, Salt

I always love  spicy foods. Just give me anything spicy and I will eat it, hahaha! And I love the combination of garlic, chilli and salt. I like to call those: 'The Power of Three', because if I have them in my kitchen I don't have to worry about how to cook anything, and anything I cook with them will definitely turn out great, at least okay. 'Anything' means nearly anything, mostly. And to be honest, I don't like to complicate things with so many ingredients and spices. Simple food is the best. And those three are the best in my down days.


These three can go along with anything in my fridge. You can match them with broccoli, sugarpeas, pak coy, carrots. I even cooked my spaghetti with them, and then add a little beef bacon if you want, you can call it: spaghetti aglio olio. Simply delicious! So far my favorite dish is Simple Spicy Carrots. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients: 
2 Carrots (medium size, sliced thinly)
2 tsp of oil/butter/margarine
1 clove of garlic (sliced thinly)
2 chillies, chopped roughly
salt to taste

Method:
In medium heat, toss sliced carrots into pan with oil/butter/margarine. Stir occasionally until the carrots are all covered with oil. Lower the heat. Then, add garlic, chillies, and salt. Continuously stirred until the carrots are wilted.Then it's ready to serve.

Serve with cooked rice for 2-3 persons.

You can also cook meat with those three. I've already tried them with corned beef and tuna, all is delicious! And, there's also another reason why I called them The Power of Three, because when I have them, I'm in power! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment