Friday, July 13, 2012

Changing Habit, The Side Effect of Kitchen Remodeling


I've never thought that kitchen remodeling could change your habit. Surprise...surprise! After I've put all my stuffs to my new cabinets, I've just realized something. This new kitchen is totally different than my last one. The location of the shelfs, the racks, the cabinets, the sink, even the stove was all changed. Well, it's not a bad thing actually, but after 10 years of putting things in the same place, this habit actually needs change.


Believe it or not, I had to stand there and think for about 10 seconds  remembering where I had to place my dishes. I had to squeeze my brain out to remember where I put the plates, pans, spoons, forks, etc. It's like doing things all over again. That never occurred to me before. Even, I had to learn how to ignite the stove, since it's totally a different type. And, there were many things else that I must adjust. Truthfully, it's not that simple, or easy. I think I need a week or two to adapt myself with my so called new kitchen.


Right now, I feel like I've already 'understood' it. Everything runs smoothly, and I don't have to stand there and try to remember where my plate's rack is, or in which drawer I have to put my knife. And...you know what? It got me thinking that... this changing habit thing, it doesn't only work in the kitchen. It works in every area of our life, philosophically speaking. One thing for sure, our habit can be changed if we don't have the choice. Do you think so?

No comments:

Post a Comment