Friday, June 14, 2013

Oatmeal For (Kids) Meal

I haven't updated my blog since 10 months due to some pc problems and all. And thankfully, all problems solved. So, today I feel like I need to share something. :) 
Actually, I'm not a fan of oatmeal, though I know it's healthy food for your heart (said the commercial :D). But, my daughter is a real fan. She frequently asked me to cook oatmeal for her, but I always ducked the best I could. Tthe request became repetitive like a broken record. So, reluctantly,  I've browsed the Internet, looked up recipe books to search for the best recipe (maybe). I've read here and there, even in some people's blogs, but nothing interested me the most. Until  one day I just had a light bulb in my head and  gave it a go. 
At that time, in my pantry there's a package of oatmeal  that I just bought without knowing what to do. So, after picked up here and there from some recipes, I made the first bowl of oatmeal that my daughter love the most. And it's really easy. Well, it took a little effort actually, but no sweat at all. I just need dried fruit like apricot, kiwi, raisin, and berries; soy milk, honey, nuts (every kind of nuts to your liking), and a pinch (maybe more) cinnamon powder.



In my case, I use:
- 1 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cup sweet soymilk (can be less or more)
- 1/2 cup  dried kiwi and blueberry
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp crushed pecan
- a pinch of cinnamon powder

Remember, those measurements are not absolute. :)

Then, mix together oatmeal, dried fruits and soy milk in a pan, and stir it with low heat, until it reach thick consistency. Pour it in a bowl, and topping it with honey, pecan and cinnamon powder. Well, the meal is ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment